Pages

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The sadest love story ever: Dear John

A few weeks ago I was watching videos on youtube, and you must have to know that I'm obsessed with juicystar07's videos. So I was watching one of her videos where she mentioned Nicholas Sparks's Dear John. She said that this is going to be a movie and she wants to read the book first and then see the movie, and I know that Nicholas Sparks wrote the book which became my favorite movies such as like, A walk to remember, The notebook, and etc. I haven't read them but the movies were enough emotinal to cry. I LOVE these movies, and I just did a little research and I found the book. I bought it and I finally finished a Nicholas Sparks book.
Well....what to say. When I put it down my first thought was "WHY?" and I countinued whinig like a five years old little girl. Even on the last page I was hoping that somehow John and Savannah get together again, but I knew that is kinda impossible. When I read the last few words my tears started dropping unstoppable.

"And then I feel as if I'm witnessing a miracle, as ever so slowly she raises her face towards the moon. I watch her drink in the sight, sensing the flood of memories she's unleashed and wanting nothing more than to let her know I'm here. But instead I stay where I am and stare up at the moon as well. And for the briefest instant, it almost feels like we're together again."

This was that part. I was so sad. You have to know that they are looking at the moon cause they promised to each other , when they were in love that in every single full moon they look at it and remember. And Savannah, forgetting that she's married, she's still looking at the full moon, so she has to love John a little too. Of course John always , cause he is so deeply in love with her.So John's character is kinda that guy who I could be if I would be a guy. You won't get me, but I just know it, cause I have some similar features like his. Back to the theme, this book had really tigged me. This is really about true love, findind yourself, confidence and growing up. This was really an experience reading it. I really can just commend it to anybody, even for guys actually. And I wanna say thank you for Blair-juicystar07 for letting me know about that! I love you girl!

"Love should bring joy, it should grant a person peace, but here and not, it was bringing only pain."

XOXO, LD

0 comments:

Post a Comment