Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Review: The last song

I've just finished The last song yesterday!
As you might realised, I don't really do reviews on books, because I read a lot, and it would be so boring for you to read it all the time. But I have to say that I had a book like that in my hands a while ago, I didn't even do my make up for two days, so I could read in the morning too. It made me laugh and cry, it made me feel sad but even made me way too happy, I felt fear and shame, and by the end it became a huge experience, so I decided to tell you what I think about it. As I read the first pages I immediately recognize myself in Ronnie's character and it made it a lot funnier. I am not talking about the outside, more about the inside. I always caught myself to think that I would do the exact same thing as Ronnie. And the way she revolts all the time. It was really cool to read about a girl who is kinda the same as me.

"Truth only means something when it's hard to admit." 

As I reached the part when she meets Will all the time, I was about to melt away, because of the cuteness as he wrote down the story. I wanted to feel the same love as they feel, and still I would be sooo happy to feel something like that. It was just amazing how briskly the emotions showed page by page. I could feel the same as the character. Fear, anger, love, happiness then sadness and way more feelings that I can't even write down. 

"Sometimes you have to be a part from people you love, but that doesn't make you love them any less. Sometimes you love them more." "

But as I got to the middle of the book, something happened that made feel sad. (Spoiler!!!) When she found out that his dad has cancer I felt sooo bad, and I had to read through how he died. I don't want my dad to be the same. It wasn't a really great part, just because I always thought that it can happen to me in every minutes as the time passes. I mean I hope it won't, and I hope that our story won't end like this. 

"Love is Fragile and Sometimes were Not The Best Caretakers."

So I just wanted to say that this book was quite special for me in a lot of ways. I think I would read it again and again and again. I ONLY can recommend it to every romantic girl, who needs a little happiness or just an unforgettable book to read, and maybe for guys too, but I am not sure about them.
It think it was the writer's best work far away. So by this way I wanted to say a huge thank you to Nicholas Sparks who made it possible to read something like that, and to coungratulate to this amazing story. I promise that it will always have the best place on my bookshelf. So again, Thank you sooooo much!

XOXO, LD

2 comments:

Lisa - Fine Sweet Life said...

The movie was a little different. Blaze didn't get burned, and the wedding was only ruined with a fight, not with a fireball. She also didn't see the judge at the wedding, and her boyfriends parents didnt pay to fix the church up. They didn't focus on the shoplifting part too much, and Blaze's boyfriend (the yucky one) was hardly in the book. it was good. Go and see it....you will need tissues! I loved her little brother in it. He was so cute.

dafo said...

I didn't see the movie, but I really do want to!! The only problem is that I can't make anybody to watch it me! :):S But if it's needed I'll go just by myself.
I hope you enjoyed the movie! Thanks for your judgement and for the information.

Post a Comment